When the different census returns are compared, it is surprising how different and inconsistent they can be. Sometimes the vicarage is called the rectory, sometimes the vicarage. Sometimes it is not mentioned at all.
The farm down by the river Cherwell now called Sescut is called Suscot. The road through the village which is not usually named is called Oxford Road in 1861.
In the original documents for the 1851-1891 censuses, the sex of the person is given. It is omitted here because the information is obvious from other details.
- S – Son
- D – Daughter
- Mar – Married
- Wid – Widowed
- U – Unmarried
- Ag. Lab. – Agricultural Labourer
The following are found in this section: